Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home at Last.

Well, a temporary home at least. Officially, I am homeless. I do not have a place to call my own. A home to live with just my husband and children. I am very fortunate to be able to live with my sister for the time being. But, it is very sad and discouraging to not have a place to call my own. I have owned my own homes since I was 19 years old. If it wasnt for my sister, I would be in a horrible situation. I left the center with eleven dollars to my name.

I was officially released yesterday and am feeling really depressed and out of sorts. I have waited for this day for so very long and now am at a loss. Where do I go from here? How do I begin to recover my life? Will I ever be able to recover my life? It really is terrifying to know that I will forever be a convicted felon and that info will prejudice me for the rest of my life. I am so much more than just a felon. Unfortunately, that info will be the first and last impression many will have of me. 

So, I am floundering today. I should be ecstatic. I should be elated that I am FREE. I am. But, it is shadowed with fear and uncertainty.  What does the future hold? How do I even begin? 

I am sure that tomorrow will be a better day. I have to keep putting one foot in front of the other, too many people depend on me. But, I really would just like to curl up in bed and take about a weeks long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment