Monday, December 6, 2010

Life in the work release center

Living in a co-ed work release center is an experience that most are fortunate to never have. It is a world unto itself. I have met people here that I would have never met in my "normal" daily life. There are people from all walks of life but the majority are uneducated, with some pretty unbelievable social skills. Or lack of, I should say. Dont get me wrong, there are a few (maybe 3, if I am being generous) who come from similar background as mine. But, not many.


Let me tell you about LaShonda......this is a 400 pound, 20 year old, woman with 4 children. She is the most obnoxious creature I have ever met. Without question, she has been sexually abused at some point in her life. There is no other reason someone would act the way she does. I kid you not, she is a walking 400 pound mass of sexual acting out. She wears her clothes as tight as will fit her. It is not a pretty sight. She speaks in a voice that is just above a  yell at all times. Oh, I should add that there are stiff rules for interaction between the men and woman who live in the work release. Basically, you are not to look, talk or have any contact with the opposite sex.  That just is not possible for LaShonda. She is constantly yelling and trying to get attention from the men. Hell, sometimes the women as well. She will stand in the hall, yell to get attention and then proceed to fondle herself, grope herself and while she is doing this she is talking obscenely to the men. I should say yelling, because she cant speak without yelling. Seriously, who wants to see that??? Yuck.  


I am in the shower the other morning, (three shower stalls in a common area, without curtains) and I can hear LaShonda yelling for women to come and watch her shower. Yelling. Repeatedly. (So much for my peaceful shower.) Fortunately, she didn't have any takers. Or so, I thought. I get out of the shower, dry off, slip on my robe and get ready to head to my room and there she is........all 400 pounds of her.........standing naked in the middle of the room..........."drying" herself with a towel, while watching herself in the mirror. OMG, I could have gone my entire life without seeing that. I just look at her and say "LaShonda, really?"  She looks at me all innocent and say's "What, I'm just drying off."   And that is how I start my day, living in a work release. 
Lynn Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment